有關癌症的問題
Questions about Cancer

你經常看像我這種診斷的病人嗎?
Do you typically treat patients with my diagnosis?

我的癌症是第幾期?
What stage is my cancer?

我的癌症是快速或慢速增長的類型?
Can you tell me if it is fast or slow growing?

我的癌症有沒有任何特殊的因素而會提高或減低治愈的機率?
Is there anything unique about my cancer that makes my prognosis better or worse?

這種癌症有沒有可能會導致其他的問題,如心臟,肺部,腎臟或不育的問題?
Could this cancer cause a secondary problem (i.e., heart, lung or kidney damage/disease, fertility problems)?

我有罹患第二種癌症的危險性嗎?
Am I at risk for a second cancer?

有關醫師的問題
Questions about Your Physician(s)

有幾位醫師會參與我的治療?他們是那些醫師?他們每一個人的角色是什麼?
How many physicians will be involved in my care? Who are they? What are their roles?

其中那一位醫師是主治醫師?
Who will be in charge of coordinating my care and the rest of the physicians?

還有那些其他的醫護人員會參與我的治療?
What other health care professionals can I expect to be involved in my care?

有關檢測的問題
Questions about Tests

我將會需要哪些檢測?
What types of lab tests will I need?

檢測之前我需要做任何的預備嗎?
Do I have to do anything special to prepare for these tests?

這些檢測有沒有副作用?
Do these tests have any side effects?

我需要照X光或掃描嗎?
Will I need X-rays and scans?

我需要等多久才會接到這些檢測的報告?
When will I get the results from these tests?

這些檢測會顯出什麼與我的癌症有關的資料?
What will these tests tell me about my cancer?

有關治療的問題
Questions about Your Cancer Treatment

對我的癌症一般的治療方法是甚麼?
What is the standard treatment for my cancer?

我的治療方法的目的是什麼?是要治癒癌症?或是防止它生長?
What is the goal of treatment – to cure my cancer or stop it from growing?

在治療方法上我有哪些選擇?
What are my treatment options?

有沒有其他的療法也許對我的癌症也適用?
Are there any other treatments that might be appropriate for my type of cancer?

每一種療法將會如何幫助我達到治療的目的?
How can each treatment option help me achieve my goal of therapy?

有沒有針對我的癌症的臨床試驗或研究?
Are there any clinical trials or research being done on my type of cancer?

有沒有任何臨床試驗是適合我的?
Are there any clinical trials that are right for me?

你推薦任何臨床試驗嗎?
Do you particularly recommend any clinical trials?

你所推薦的臨床試驗中我符合條件參加嗎?
Am I a candidate for any trials you recommend?

我可以如何尋找有關的研究資料呢?
Where can I find related research information?

在附近有沒有和這項研究有關的人我可以聯系的呢?
Is there anyone else in the area that is involved that I might contact to discuss my cancer?

我可以有多少時間來決定選擇哪一種治療方案?
How much time do I have to make a decision about my treatment options?

每一個治療方案的危險性或可能的副作用有哪些?
What risks or potential side effects are associated with each treatment?

你推薦哪一種治療方案?你為什麼推薦這種方案?
What treatment do you recommend? On what do you base your recommendation?

這種治療方案對癌症的治癒率有多少?
What are this treatment’s cure/remission rates?

你推薦的這種治療方案有哪些危險性或益處?
What are the risks or benefits of the treatment that you are recommending?

你曾經對多少病人採用這種治療方案?效果如何?
How many patients have you treated with this treatment? What have been the results?

這些效果和別的醫療機構相比如何?
How does this compare to other institutions?

一般來說多少百分比的病人對這種治療方案有反應?
What percentages of patients usually respond to this treatment?

你可否推薦另一位我可以尋問意見的醫生?
Who do you recommend I talk to for a second opinion?

我將會服用的藥物的名稱是什麼?
What are the names of all the drugs I will take?

我可以和一位曾經接受過同樣治療方案的你的病人談談嗎?
Can I talk with another of your patients who has received this treatment?

全部的療程需要多久?
How long is the entire course of the treatment?

每一次治療需要多少時間?
How long does each treatment last?

我多久需要接受一次治療?
How often will I be treated?

我將在哪裡接受治療?
Where will I receive the treatment?

我將用何種方式接受治療?
How will it be given?

接受治療時我會有什麼樣的感覺?
What will it feel like to get treated?

我接受治療時可以有人陪伴嗎?
Can someone accompany me to my treatment?

看醫生時我自己可以開車嗎?有停車的地方嗎?
Can I drive to and from my appointments? Is parking available?

接受治療後我可以單獨住嗎?或是需要有別人陪伴?
Can I stay alone after my treatments, or do I need to have someone stay with me?

誰會給我進行治療?
Who will administer my treatments?

在接受治療的時間內我多常會見到醫生或是護士?
How often, during treatment, will I see a physician? The nurse?

治療的藥物要是減少或延遲會降低我被治癒的機會嗎?
Will a reduction or a delay of the recommended therapy reduce my chances of being cured?

當我在接受治療的期間需要避免任何食物,藥物或活動嗎?
Should I avoid any foods or medications or activities while I am going through treatment?

我怎麼知道治療是否有效?
How will I know if the treatment is working?

在治療的期間有沒有任何測試可以知道治療的有沒有效果?
Will there be tests during my treatment to determine if it is working?

一般的治療方案對我的癌症的有效率如何?
What is the prognosis for my type of cancer with standard treatment?

你認為效果會如何?
What results do you expect?

若化療在劑量或時間上有所間斷對治療的效果會有怎樣的影響?
How might a disruption in my chemotherapy dose or timing affect my results?

什麼時候或什麼情況下我能知道治療是否有效?
How and when will I be able to tell whether the treatment is working?

你能推薦一些有關我的癌症的資源或網路嗎?
Are there any resources or web sites you recommend for more information?
你可以解釋我的驗血報告嗎?
Can you explain the results of my complete blood count?

有沒有測驗我的癌症遺傳基因的檢查?
Are there tests for the genetic make-up of my cancer?

這種遺傳基因的檢查對我有沒有益處?
Will I benefit from having my cancer evaluated for its genetic make-up?

我多久需要測試一次?
How frequently will I have tests?

檢測後要等多久我才會知道結果?
How long after I have them will I know the results?

有誰會通知我報告結果?或我可以問誰?
Who will call with my results, or whom should I call?

如果我想要一份我的醫療記錄,掃描底片或X光片,應該跟誰聯絡?
If I need copies of my records, scans or X-rays, who do I contact?

向放射治療醫師詢問的問題
Questions to Ask Your Radiation Oncologist

你推薦什麼治療方案?為什麼?
What treatment(s) do you recommend? Why?

什麼樣的治療方案是合適我的癌症?
What treatments are available and appropriate for my diagnosis?

我將會如何接受治療?
How will my treatment be given?

這種治療方法的治癒率有多高?
What are the cure and remission rates?

你期待這種治療方案的果效如何?
What results do you expect from this treatment?

還有別的治療方案嗎?
Are there any alternatives to this treatment?

這種治療方案的副作用有哪些?怎樣才能把副作用減到最低?
What are the side effects of this treatment? How can they be minimized?

整個療程需要多久時間?
How long is the course of treatment?

我多久需要接受一次療程?每一次需要多少時間?
How often do I receive the treatment and how much time will each treatment take?

我將在哪裡接受治療?
Where do I receive the treatment?

我能夠繼續上班/上學嗎?
Will I be able to continue with work/school?

我們怎麼知道治療是否有效?
How will we know if the treatment is working?

這種治療方法會不會導致其他的問題,如心臟,肺部,腎臟或不育的問題?
Could the treatment cause other problem (heart, lung or kidney damage/disease, fertility issues)?

向手術醫師詢問的問題
Questions to Ask Your Surgical Oncologist

我為什麼需要這項手術?
Why do I need this surgery?

一般採用的手術(程序)是什麼?
What is the operation (procedure) that is recommended?

還有別的治療方法嗎?
Are there any alternatives to this treatment?

除了這項手術之外還有別的選擇嗎?
Are there other options than doing this procedure?

這項手術有哪些危險和益處?
What are the risks and benefits of this surgery?

為什麼現在必須要做這項手術?
Why this procedure is necessary at this time?

你可否用簡單的話語解釋這項手術?
Will you explain this procedure in simple terms?

做這項手術我需要住院或當天可以回家?
Will I be an inpatient or out patient?

這項手術需要什麼樣的麻醉?
What kind of anesthesia is required?

我會需要裝一個引流,導管或靜脈管嗎?
Will I have drains, catheters or intravenous lines?

我將會需要輸血嗎?如果需要,我可否在手術前先存留自己的血液?
Will I need a blood transfusion? If so, can I bank my blood before surgery?

有沒有任何治療方法可以在手術前先把腫瘤縮小?
Are there any treatments I can have before surgery to shrink the tumor?

預期的結果如何?
What is the anticipated outcome?

手術之後復原過程如何?
What is the recovery process?

手術後回家我將會需要別人幫忙嗎?
Will I need assistance when I get home?

手術後多久我可以恢復正常的活動?
How long until I can assume normal activities?

這項手術對我的癌症的治癒率有多高?
What are the procedure’s cure/remission rates?

你個人在這項手術方面有多少經驗?
What is your experience with this procedure?

我的健保會支付這項手術嗎?
Is this procedure covered by my insurance plan?

我尋求第二個醫療意見如何?
What about a second opinion?

有關副作用的問題
Questions about Side Effects

我應該準備面對那些可能的副作用?
What possible side effects should I prepare for?

這些副作用什麼時候會開始?
When might they start?

這些副作用會隨著治療的次數增強或減輕?
Will they get better or worse with more treatments?

我應該如何準備自己或減少副作用的影響?
How can I prepare for them or lessen their impact?

有沒有可以減低副作用的方法?有哪些方法呢?你通常會推薦這些方法或開處方嗎?
Are there treatments that can help relieve the side effects? What are they? Do you usually recommend or prescribe them?

哪些副作用最嚴重?
Which risks are most serious?

我會需要輸血嗎?為什麼?
Will I require blood transfusions? Why?

我應當如何觀察自己是否有和癌症或治療相關的併發症?
How can I best monitor myself for complications related to either my disease or my treatment?

有關避免感染的問題
Questions about Protecting Against Infection

我所接受的化療會讓我的白血球過低和容易受到感染嗎?
Will my type of chemotherapy put me at risk for a low white blood cell count and infection?

在化療開始前我可以保護自己不受感染而不要等到有問題的時候嗎?
Can I help protect myself against infection right from the start of chemotherapy, instead of
waiting until problems develop?

我特別可能會受到感染嗎?
Am I at special risk for infection?

感染時有哪些症狀?
What are the signs of infection?

感染時會有多嚴重呢?
How serious is an infection?

我可能受到感染的時間有多長?
How long will I be at risk for infection?

如果我發燒的話該怎麼辦?
What should I do if I have a fever?

感染時有哪些治療方法?
How are infections treated?

有關在接受治療時日常生活的問題
Questions about Daily Activities with Treatment

我的治療會如何影響到日常活動?
How will my treatment affect my usual activities?

我還能繼續上班/上學嗎?
Will I be able to go to work/school?

我需要住院嗎?
Will I need to stay in the hospital?

我在家時需要有人幫忙嗎?
Will I need someone to help me at home?

我需要別人幫忙照顧我的孩子嗎?
Will I need help taking care of my kids?

我在接受化療期間需要避免哪些活動嗎?
Are there any activities I should avoid during my chemotherapy?

有關在接受治療時日常生活的問題
Questions about Daily Activities with Treatment

我的治療會如何影響到日常活動?
How will my treatment affect my usual activities?

我還能繼續上班/上學嗎?
Will I be able to go to work/school?

我需要住院嗎?
Will I need to stay in the hospital?

我在家時需要有人幫忙嗎?
Will I need someone to help me at home?

我需要別人幫忙照顧我的孩子嗎?
Will I need help taking care of my kids?

我在接受化療期間需要避免哪些活動嗎?
Are there any activities I should avoid during my chemotherapy?

有關經濟方面的問題
Questions about Financial Issues

我自己需要付一部份治療的費用嗎?
Will the treatment require out-of-pocket expenses?

你的辦公室(診所)裡有專人處理病人健保的問題嗎?請問是哪一位?
Is there someone in your office (or facility) who assists patients with questions about insurance? Who would that be?

如果我的健保不支付某一項治療或藥物,你會推薦另一種方法嗎?如果另一種方法效果比較差怎麼辦呢?
If my insurance does not pay for a particular treatment or medication, will you recommend an alternative treatment? What if it is less effective?

如果我沒有健保,我應該和誰談論治療的事宜呢?
Who can I talk to about getting treatment if I do not have insurance?

如果我的健保不支付某一種藥物,那我應該和誰談論申請補助的事宜呢?
Who can I talk to about pharmacy assistance programs if my insurance doesn’t cover a particular medication?

有關精神支持的問題
Questions about Finding Support

我在哪裡可以找到有關我的癌症的文宣品?

Where can I get literature about my illness?

你願意和我的家人談論有關我的癌症和治療的事情嗎?
Are you willing to speak to my family about my illness and treatments?

我在哪裡可以找到有關互助小組的資訊?
Where can I find out about support groups?

我可以和接受過同樣治療的過來人談談嗎?
Can I speak to someone who has undergone this type of treatment?

我可以和一位社會工作人員談談嗎?
Is there a social worker that I could talk with?

如果我在飲食方面有問題或困難,有營養師我可以請教嗎?
Is there a dietitian on staff if I have nutritional concerns or difficulties?

我需要特別的飲食嗎?
Do I need to be on a special diet?

我需要做任何生活方式的改變嗎?
Would you recommend any lifestyle changes?

在治療期間或剛結束之後,如果我有醫療緊急狀況應該跟誰聯絡?
Who do I call if I have a medical emergency during my treatment, or shortly afterwards?

你的聯絡電話號碼是什麼?護士和醫院的聯絡電話號碼是什麼?
What are the telephone numbers I should have in order to reach you? The nurse? The hospital?